Subject: Re: pppd hangups...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1997 17:50:02
> I'm not sure if this is a -current thing or a sun3 thing.  My sun3 can no
> longer run PPP connections.
>
> The symptom is that, right after it says "PPP connection established", it
> says "Modem hangup".  With debugging on, it looks like it sends one
> LCP configuration request packet, which the other end gets.  Neither end
> sees any error prior to the modem hangup.

We are seeing similar problems on i386's running 1.2 (and even pre-1.2).
The PPP connection is opened properly, but within a few minutes...hours
the system reports a modem hangup and the connection is terminated.  It
might have something to do with the lcp-echo requests, but I haven't had
the time to try running without this option (we need to have these PPP
connections running all the time).

> My Amiga works, but I was really liking having this offloaded on the 3/60.

On my A3000, I don't have this problem (with the A2232 serial card).  On
an i386 box, the connection is terminated 20-30 times a day.  Same config
on all machines.

  -jm