Subject: problem w/ 4/300 and -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1997 01:53:32
I have a sun 4/300 running the sparc port of netbsd. I was experiencing a
few problems and so upgraded to -current. The one most annoying problem
has persisted, and so I figured I'd ask here for some help. It seems that
with NetBSD, a 4/300 does not like to have 32MB of RAM on the system
board. (and before anybody asks, yes i DID set the appropriate jumper to
indicate the presence of 4MB SIMMS). The machine will usually boot fully
and then after a few minutes, panic and dump. Once I take the machine back
to 8MB, it works flawlessly. I know that the hardware is not the problem,
since I've tried 2 processor boards and the memory is all known good. Am I
the only one experiencing this problem?

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |