Subject: Re: pr #2887 to apply on userland sources??
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@pop.knot.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1997 07:45:57
>Did you start with 1.2 source for stty? I've not tried these changes
>relative to current.

both, kernel and userland are v1.2
shit..i've got no source for stty 1.2

Bill how to get source for stty v1.2????
is that ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-1.2/source??
and do i have to dl the total of it?
and what to do with those .ab, .ac, etc files??

>errors. -f needs to be folowed by the file name. stty -D -f /dev/tty00
>should work. -D does not take a parameter, so on the last two errors, stty

193# /usr/src/bin/stty/stty -D -f /dev/tty00
stty: /dev/tty00: Device not configured
193# /dev/MAKEDEV /dev/tty0
193# /usr/src/bin/stty/stty -D -f /dev/tty00
stty: /dev/tty00: Device not configured
193#

>Yes. cd to src/lib/libc and do a make there. Certain sub-sections, like
>the termios stuff, are pulled in ("include"ed) via the Makefile.inc files.

i did but some problems getting things compiled out of the box
things like:
/usr/src/lib/libc/yp/xdryp.c:437: warning: passing arg 2 of `xdr_u_int' from inc
ompatible pointer type
*** Error code 1

>use the new functions, so you should be fine for now (though you should,
>as you did, copy ttycom.h to /usr/include/sys/ttycom.h).

not yet..i did copy poll.h

>No, we're in Palo Alto, which is on the peninsula, the strip of land

must be nice to live there (as it is here) ;)'
now i have to take that little nap..

>Good luck!

hum,
~n