Subject: Re: Share common code/data across ports?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1997 12:24:49
On Jan 10, Scott Reynolds wrote
> PS - since this problem only occurs for people who track -current, or who
> mistakenly install a mismatched kernel/userland set, I'm not sure why it's
> such a big issue.  There are far more useful things to take care of.  I've
> always been under the impression that one tracks -current at their own
> risk...

And, as an user of low memory machines, I prefer having ps occasionally
brocken when I play with -current, than having code in kernel when it could
be in userland (without performances loss. No, I don't want an userland-only
nfsd! :)

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr