Subject: Re: ipfilter changes not complete yet?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1997 01:47:00
netbsd@arresum.INka.DE (Bernd Ernesti) writes:
>Where the hell should I know about other device numbers if I DON"T
>USE IT and the driver is NOT in our -current tree and nobody mentioned
>the device numbers on current-users?

I've explained that in the part of my message that you've cut out.

Either you start a registry for major number the same way that PCI
device indentification numbers are managed.  Or you change the kernel
generation process in a way that makes it possible to assign major
number automatically.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.