Subject: Problem with make DESTDIR=...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siva.captech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1997 12:34:25
There's only one problem with attempting to do

        make DESTDIR=/build build

[assuming, of course, that /build is your alternate hierarchy, as it is mine.]

You still have to install your .mk files in the canonical place, and
you need to install your includes in /usr/include, or the 'make build'
won't work.

Do I need to define ROOT=/build, or is there a flag which can be passed
to make to tell it to treat /build as a root dir for purposes of .mk and
include files?

In case it's not obvious, I have sufficient space with which to achieve
a complete build and install of -current, and I'd like to be able to do  this
without overwriting my (known stable) 1.2.

Am I doing something wrong?
...Or Am I Missing Something Here? [TM]

				--*greywolf;