Subject: Re: problem with 'w' after recent rebuild?
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Alasdair Baird <alasdair@wildcat.demon.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1997 18:34:08
> I just rebuilt from current sources (my system was several weeks old) and now
> get this from w(1):
>
> w: proc size mismatch (34344 total, 644 chunks)
>
> I've rerun kvm_mkdb, etc; I built with 'make build', so all the includes and
> libs ought to be in sync.  Anyone know what gives?  I'm on an i386, if it
> matters.

I've seen much the same---it seems that kvm_mkdb isn't rebuilding
the kvm.db when it should.  You need to manually `rm /var/db/kvm.db'
before rerunning kvm_mkdb again and all will be fine, until next
time at least.  I haven't looked into why this isn't happening, yet.

On a strangely related unrealted topic, does anyone know why, apart
from histrory perhaps, that kvm.db is in /var/db and dev.db is in
/var/run?

   Alasdair.