Subject: Re: NetBSD hard/software information page?
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1997 19:39:41
>  > I've been thinking of writing a WWW page and listing all software and
>  > hardware that _I_ am using under NetBSD on various machines.  After
>  > running a piece of hardware or software for several months, I can tell
>
> Does this mean you're volunteering to write the page?

I can type in what I know.  It would be fine if someone could find / write
a program to let others enter their knowledge into the system as well.

I think the information should be more specific than "I have used XXX and
it worked".  More like "I have used XXX for Y months on Z; XXX didn't
work under NetBSD n.m but it has been working just fine since version
k.l.  Performance is good and I have never seen problems with XXX once
it started working.  I use features A, B, and C of XXX, but I have no idea
if feature D works.  XXX is known to be compatible with YYY and ZZZ.
My system is an Internet server with i users, so XXX is being used heavily."

I'll try to put together some info and post the URL sometime soon.. I'm
overloaded already but I want to do _something_ to help with the NetBSD
project.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---