Subject: libkvm problems with Jan 1 srcs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/1997 23:10:55
I compiled a kernel from today's sources, and now stuff like dmesg, ps,
netstat, and w don't work right... I've did make includes, made/installed
libkvm.old, and rebuilt those programs, but they still don't work. I just
got done doing a make cleandir, etc... to rebuild all of the userland
stuff, and nothing's changed :(

dmesg says:
dmesg: magic number incorrect

ps seems to mostly work, but the command names are all parenthesized, and
it doesn't show the argv stuff.

USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TT  STAT STARTED       TIME COMMAND
khym     13826  0.0  0.1   252  160 p2  R+   11:07PM    0:00.01 (ps)

netstat -finet gives:
???
netstat: kvm_read: Bad address
???

The unix domain sockets part of netstat works, but it's not showing me all
my sockets (for example, I don't see the one used for X)

Any ideas? :) I'm running the i386 port...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++