Subject: Sup keep option doesn't seem to work
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1996 00:57:46
Hi,

I was just about done supping the entire current-srv distribution, when
for some reason, it just stoped.  I let it sit for about 1/2 hour and
eventually cancelled it.  I restarted with the "-k" flag, to keep it from
re-downloading everything I just spent the past 5 hours getting.  No
matter what I do, it seems to get everything anyway!  I've been using the
-v option to keep track of everything it's getting, and it is getting
files that have the same date before and after the transfer.  According to
the documenation and source comments, it should only get a file if it's
date on the server is newer than the date on the local file.

Is this normal?  Is it a bug?  Is there any way I can work around it?  If
it fails again tonight, I don't want to have to spend all of tomorrow re
getting all the files again!

BTW - I'm also using the compress option, if that helps.

Thanks,
	Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/