Subject: Re: libedit (was Re: bin/3011: ftp could be smarter with host:/path and URL's )
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@breakthru.musings.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1996 23:33:26
> However, Sun is still getting ring buffer overflows on their ZS* serial
> interface  buffers that they've been trying to fix since SunOS 4.1.1 up
> until Solaris 2.5.1.  And the serial buffers in Solaris still top out
> at 38,400.  Sun has been trying to fix this for seven years!!

The serial port doesn't do input H/W flow control properly. It
has a 1 character buffer with a 1 char. in the bit shift register.
And we still get character overflows with NetBSD. So what's your
point..

> STREAMS is an easy programming layer, but SLOW.  STREAMS SUCKS!!

Based upon what??

> My utmost wish is that NetBSD will not end up resembling the godawful
> mess of Solaris.

Agreed.. Though there are things I like about it. But hey, I enjoy
using a Newton and a PC. Everything has faults..

-brad w.