Subject: RE: Exabyte 8200 - is anyone using one successfully?
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Burns, Scott <scott.burns@labatt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/20/1996 20:46:12
Some more info on the Exabyte 8200. I just installed one on one of my
home NetBSD/i386 boxes. It is hanging off the back of a 486/66 with a
Adaptec 1542-CF. I had to disable everything except disconnect (ie.
sync/fast scsi etc) on the Adaptec, for the LUN containing the EXAbyte.
As I type this, using the same NetBSD box as a router to my office net,
it is streaming away using tar -b 128 -cvf /dev/rst0 against a DEC RZ28
with no problems.

This box is running:
NetBSD bcc13.bcc.com 1.2_BETA NetBSD 1.2_BETA (BCC13) #0:
Thu Sep 5 09:59:21 EDT 1996

Not quite up to date with V1.2 but close.

scott
scott.burns@netcontech.com