Subject: Proxy IPs
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1996 07:24:23
Dear NetBSDers,
   This is a little off the purpose of the list but people here are
knowlegable.
   I have a NetBSD machine at home which I would like to set up as
a router for my lan at home.  This machine is connected to the internet
via ADSL which provides 1.544Mb/s down stream flow and 64Kb/s upstream
flow.  I have one IP which is on the ethernet which connects the NetBSD
machine to the ADSL remote unit.  My lan is on a different ethernet.
   I would like to set up a process which other machines on my lan can
run and have thier IP activity aimed at the internet to be routed thur
the NetBSD machine and appear to have come from the NetBSD machine.
There is a similar facility called SLirP which basicly does this for
machines connecting via serial lines with PPP or SLIP to a unix host.
   Any pointer or things I should look at to acomplish this facility
over eithernet?

johnh...