Subject: What do I need to see an ISA Intel Ether Express Pro/10 +
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/1996 00:04:22
Dear NetBSDers,
   I am participating in a trial period for ADSL.  This technology
provides 1.544 Mb/sec from the telephone office to the client site
and 64kb/sec transport channel from the client site to the telephone
office.  This is a joint effort with Advantis(IBM) and Ameritech.
The user side of the ADLS unit is a 10Base-T Ethernet.  Basicly
I have T1 speeds to my home machine and 64Kb speed from my home.
The trial period supports Win-95 and Win-3.1 but basicly it appears
that any OS with 10Base-T should work.
   As part of the trial the included an Intel Ether Express Pro/10+
eithernet card which was put in my machine (I replaced a NE-2000
compatible card).
   I am running NetBSD and I have tried the 1.2B kernel configured
for the ie device at the same IOBASE and IRQ which Win-95 report.
I note the Intel Ether Express Pro is supported with 1.2.  I also
remember someone having to turn off PnP in order to get something
to work with NetBSD.

   When I boot it fails to recognize the card because when it reads
the ID from the card it sees:
Dec 13 23:26:54 johnhome /netbsd: ie0: unknown AT&T board type code 0

   Does anyone have an Ether Express Pro/10+ working with NetBSD?
If so what would you suggest I try to get it to work?  I have no
documentation/utilities which came with the card to turn on/off PnP.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

johnh...