Subject: Re: Lobby for Motif Development for NetBSD
To: Laine Stump <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: Jim Wise <jim@santafe.arch.columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/1996 21:33:32
On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Laine Stump wrote:

> >I'd also be willing to purchase Motif for the i386 (or alpha, if it
> >were available), if the price were <= $150.
>
> Is anybody keeping track of this, so they can be sent a total?
>
> Several months ago I was looking for a Motif Development system for
> NetBSD i386, with the intention of immediately purchasing at least one
> copy. If one were available for under $150, I would guarantee purchase
> of one copy, possibly more.

I have been counting/archiving responses, in hopes of having some sway
with X-Inside...   (They have the widest range of products, including CDE,
have supported NetBSD in the past, and exporessed remorse at discontinuing
it.)

So: If anyone would like their testimonials counted, write to me or to
the list.  Letters of the form ``I would buy Motif for NetBSD if it were
available'' are probably the most useful, but don't say it if you know
it ain't so -- If they return to NetBSD and pull out again because
the support we claimed was there isn't, I'm sure they'll be much less
sympathetic in the future....

--
				Jim Wise
				System Administrator