Subject: Re: Lobby for Motif Development for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Berry <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/06/1996 09:29:00
In <199612060634.HAA21357@server.peacock.de> Markus Illenseer <markus@server.peacock.de> writes:

>> If you think there is a chance of getting these software people to change
>> their minds about NetBSD I would certainly be interested in buying a
>> CDE/Motif pack from them (I would also be interested in an NetBSD-Amiga
>> vesion, but maybe this is too much to ask fo now! :-). But if not, I will
>> probably end up just using some other free OS (you know, like l*nux :-( .
>> I hope things work out.

> The last issue is of main importance and a search yielded into the
>conclusion that a Motif-Distribution is just too expensive and does not
>rectify the price of the CD-ROM (About 70 to 150$US).

I would be willing to pay $99 for a correctly done usable i386 Motif port.
That's (last time I looked) the rough price the Linux people are charging,
and is reasonable (by my perceptions) for anyone with a need for it.
--
Sean Berry is an ISTJ cellist who works in netbsd.   (must have more toys)
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret