Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/1996 18:07:46
On Dec 6,  2:10am, source@NetBSD.ORG wrote:
}
} lukem
} Thu Dec  5 18:06:53 PST 1996
} Update of /cvsroot/src/usr.bin/ftp
} In directory netbsd1:/home/lukem/f/ftp
}
} Modified Files:
} 	cmds.c cmdtab.c extern.h ftp.1 ftp.c ftp_var.h main.c
} 	ruserpass.c
} Log Message:
} functionality mods:
} * implement 'progress bar/meter' (inspired by ncftp). use 'progress' to
}   toggle on. it will display current file size to 5 digits, automatically

     Isn't this kind of limiting?  I routinely transfer files with
sizes that are seven or eight digits long.

}   determining suffix (up to 16384 P (petabytes) == 2^64).
} * 'ls' now uses NLST (unadorned listing), a la older ftp clients. 'dir'
}   still does LIST (long listing). idea from John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>

     Hey, I finally got my name in lights (or, at least on a CVS
entry).  :-)  Which reminds me, I have to file a PR against na.phone
(I've been given a new area code).

} bug fixes:
} * return first line of reply in reply_string[] from getreply(), instead
}   of last line. This fixes [bin/741] (parsing of SYST), and also means
}   that SIZE and MDTM messages will be parsed correctly if they're longer
}   than 1 line.
} * parse URL-style auto-ftps that have no filename correctly
}   (e.g, ftp://host, ftp://host/, ftp://host/dir/). pointed out by
}   Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@saruman.ics.muni.cz>
} * pass the correct size array in 2nd arg of utimes() when setting the
}   modification time
}
}-- End of excerpt from source@NetBSD.ORG