Subject: Re: NCR problems in recent build of current
To: Davyd Norris <Davyd.Norris@fcollins.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/1996 06:49:53
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Davyd Norris wrote:

> 4. I will build another kernel with FAILSAFE - this knocks out TAGS and
> LUNS from the looks of it ??? Is that right?

Correct.

> 5. My card IS an SC200 for those who wondered - not a 'fair dinkum'
> 53c810. Any problems with this particular card.

I'm not entirely sure what `fair dinkum' means :-), but the SC-200
is an NCR card just like any other, as far as I can tell. (I've
used about four of those and one Gigabyte.) There's not much a
manufacturer can do with the card; you basically just plunk the
chip on it and you're done.

I've seen the chip stepping make a difference, though. The gigabyte
one I used had a '94 chip on it, and that had to be replaced with
a '95 chip before it would work properly.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.