Subject: mkboot 2.1
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1996 22:52:31
I just created a new release of mkboot.  This is a shell script (more or less)
which creates boot and other floppy diskettes.  This particular version needed
adjustment for the new(ish) mount and fsck commands.
Actually, I needed to patch fsck and mount because of some argv[0] problems.
I intend to create some i386 disks for anyone who has an emergency.

The last version was placed for ftp at:
ftp://ftp.unit.no/pub/NetBSD/contrib/mkboot-2_0.tar.gz

So a good guess for the future location might be:
ftp://ftp.unit.no/pub/NetBSD/contrib/mkboot-2_1.tar.gz

I will upload it shortly (if possible).

2.1 includes support for NetBSD-1.2+
    boot, fixit, kernel copy, security floppies

2.2 will include a sniffer (network debugging) root disk