Subject: Re: NCR problems in recent build of current
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/1996 11:55:58
According to Dave Huang:

>I had hoped that this new driver would be much better than the old one,
>but maybe it's not... oh well. If it turns out that the new driver isn't
>worth it, and y'all decide to go back to the old one, perhaps the order
>of the sync/wide negotiation could be reversed? I believe that was why my
>Quantum Atlas was so slow...

Just to prove YMMV my machine appears to work fine - I have built a
kernel from sources as of Saturday's CTM transfer (dunno how that
relates to sup - Giles??).  I was able to boot the kernel up without
any error messages at all, I have not tried to do anything else but
the lack of boot-time errors gives me some optimism.  I have three
hard drives (Seagate 1G, Micropolis 1936, Maxtor 207Meg) and a SCSI
CD-ROM on the chain all driven by a NCR53810 controller (NOT a SC200)
in an ASUS motherboard.  If I strike problems doing some further
testing I will let you know :-)

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.