Subject: Re: NCR driver
To: None <khym@bga.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1996 20:27:53
> Unfortunately.. now that it has been committed the first negative report
> comes in. I'm not sure which changes Curt is talking about. Perhaps
> others should also post their findings.

Mystery solved.

There is nothing wrong with the new NCR driver.  The change
that in the driver that made my disk write performance go
down was that the new NCR driver uses more than LUN 0.
This triggered some misbehaviour in my Barracuda disk.
It doesn't respond to LUN > 0, but when you have probed
at its target with LUN > 0 it seems to lower its transfer
rate on the SCSI bus.

I'll send a PR about the needed SCSI quirk pattern to handle that,
as well as my broken Pioneer CD ROM player.

        -- Lennart