Subject: Re: mail spams
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/26/1996 01:21:26
Hi,

> I'm subscribed to the lists via one address, and typically post from
> at least two others...  and have been known to post to them from many
> others...
>
> How do you handle that in a sane way?

I knew about this problem when I sent this mail. I thought about a solution
for, but the only things I can come up with are the following two:

a) Allow the user to register email addresses he want's to send mail from
b) To ease the task of a) in case someone has got lot's of addresses
   I propose the use of wildcards like Chris_G_Demetriou@*cs.cmu.edu :-)

But, to be honest, I'm not sure if this would be really feaseable, as the
load on our mailserver seems to be high already. (Which brings us to the
question which Matthias Scheler raised a couple of days(/weeks?) ago, is
there anything we can do to distribute the workload to other servers, but this
is just another story...)

  Guenther