Subject: Re: mail spams
To: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
From: Elijah L. Wright <ewright@multipro.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1996 21:50:22
>I don't see an easy solution to fix this, other then kludges :-( Well, too bad,
>it just popped into my mind and I thought it might be a good idea. Hmm, need to
>go and figure for a better solution :-(

The best solution of all is writing to the offending site's postmaster.  I
already wrote a harsh complaint about the non-suitability of the netbsd
mailing lists for commercial traffic. (This was about 4 days ago, right
after the first one came across current-users)  Since that didn't have any
effect, I'm going to call the ISP and then try their upstream provider if
all else fails.

I guess I'm being vindictive, but this is really starting to get on my
nerves.  I'm on waaaay too many lists to want to see 5 copies of the same
spam in my mailbox in one day, and even worse, inside a 5 minute period.

Elijah Wright
ewright@multipro.com
elw@wc.tntech.edu