Subject: Re: Adaptec 2940AU sighs.
To: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/25/1996 11:20:42
"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org> writes:

> This is not a driver bug, but a bug in the NetBSD SCSI system.

That's just plain wrong.  That the driver violates the interface
provided *IS* a bug in the driver.  End of story.  This has been
pointed out numerous times, and you've resisted fixing the driver.

Now, you could argue that the interface should be changed, but that's
a different matter.  And I've seen equally little cooperation on this;
in the past, I've gone out of my way to inform the FreeBSD folks of
changes I was making in the SCSI code, and the courtesy has not been
returned.