Subject: Netatalk (mostly) ported to NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-atalk@fugue.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1996 13:29:38
Ted Lemon, myself, and a few others have been playing with getting
NetAtalk ported to NetBSD. We have mostly succeded. There's still one bug
in the clean-up code (when shutting off netatalk) which panics a kernel,
but other than that, it works fine. It seems to me to be stable, the
problem only coming when you have started a shutdown (we reference a
pointer to 0xdeadbeef).

The files are up for ftp in:
ftp://toccata.fugue.com/pub/netbsd-atalk/961121

There are patches for ifconfig, netstat, route, and a kernel, all relative
to NetBSD 1.2. There also is a patched version of netatalk 1.4b2. I'll
send the changes into the netatalk folks once they seem ok.

Note: all this stuff is beta. It seems stable, but is still in testing.
You have been warned.

Enjoy!

Take care,

Bill