Subject: Re: Funny NFS.. problem?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1996 09:30:38
On Nov 18, Jukka Marin wrote
> I just tried
>
>   mount -r alex.funet.fi:/ /a
>
> and - it made my /a disappear!  When I umounted /a, /a reappeared.  While
> the remote directory was mounted, df didn't show the mount and /a was
> completely invisible.
>
> I can mount other disks on /a without problems.  This is under 1.2, i386.

I've seen this kind of things too (don't remember the exact circumstances,
the remote server went away, or did'nt accept mount from unprivilegied ports,
someting like this). So an ls did show the mount point, but ls -l didn't
(because it needed the remote server to get owner and permissions).

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr