Subject: Re: Cross-port compatability...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1996 18:05:10
On Sun, 17 Nov 1996, Peter Seebach wrote:

> But can, for instance, the Amiga build
> a Sun 3 kernel?  I don't see an *obvious* reason why it couldn't, and it'd
> be sort of convenient.

It should be able to, yes. Try it and see. :-)

If it doesn't work, just grab gcc-2.7.2 and binutils-2.7 from your
favourite gnu site and compile those targeted to sun3-netbsd and
kernel compiles will work fine. The kernel I'm running on my 3/50
right now was compiled on a Sparc using this method.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.