Subject: Re: Re: DST and TIMEZONE
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Onno van der Linden <onno@simplex.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/17/1996 19:35:51
Dave Huang <khym@bga.com> wrote:
[ subject: Re: DST and TIMEZONE]
> Which reminds me... could DST and TIMEZONE (or at least DST) be made into
> a sysctl? It's annoying to have to recompile a kernel just because of a
> DST change. (I run DOS/Windoze stuff, so I can't just set my clock to UTC
> and leave it that way)

Yes you can set your BIOS clock to UTC and have both dos/windows and NetBSD
report the correct time.

Get clock372.zip from simtelnet.
Install it and add some lines to config.sys, autoexec.bat and system.ini.
Set DST=0 and TIMEZONE=0 in your kernel config file and recompile.

This is what I've been using ever since I started with NetBSD many moons
ago.

Onno van der Linden (onno@simplex.nl)