Subject: DST and TIMEZONE
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@linkdead.paranoia.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1996 22:57:55
I've got a system clock set to the appropriate time.  It does not
appear to have a Daylight Savings Time option.  This is an AWARD
PnP BIOS (sorry for the i386-centricism).  The kernel has:
options		DST=1
options		TIMEZONE=360		# minutes west of GMT (for param.c)

I am in US Central timezone.

Although /etc/localtime.readme says:
This is a copy of the /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Central file.
I cannot use a symlink since /usr is not mounted at boot time.

My /etc/localtime is actually a symlink:
lrwx------  1 root  wheel  30 Nov 16 17:21 /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Central

I just noticed the system reports the time incorrectly:
Sat Nov 16 22:54:52 CST 1996
When it is really 23:54...

so what am I doing wrong?
Obviously something has the wrong DST behavior... but I thought I fixed
it last time around!