Subject: Re: Mail list envelope sender address
To: Christian Kuhtz <kuhtz@ix.netcom.com>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1996 03:33:46
--==_Exmh_517706313P

In message <9611130313.AA00658@epoch.epoch.org>you write:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 1996 20:31:28 +0100, Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de> mumbled:
> > I specifically meant those:

> There is absolutely nothing wrong with these headers, except that bringing them into the usually used Received by: style wouldn't hurt.

;-)

> Someone (some*thing* to be exact) is always touching your mails on
> netbsd1.cygnus.com, otherwise none of us would see this.

There are two ways of touching wrt. mail: relaying and modifying the contents.
When I see Headers of this form I usually am safe to assume that someone is
laying hands on the mail whom the MTA doesn't trust.
OK, the line with "invoked from smtpd" is looking less fishy than the other
one, but nonetheless it looks fishy.

> It's debugging output even some of the least sophisticated MUA's will
> weed out for you.  If yours doesn't, you can either get used to it or
> use a different MUA ;-).
>
> I don't know how to do it in exmh, but I bet there probably is someone who can help you out with that.

I have no problems in this respect.
I stumbled only across the matter while tracking a mail in order to check why
it took so long to get back to me.

And, btw, breaking up your long lines wouldn't hurt either.  I don't know how
to do it with the NextMailer, but you may eventually find out ;-)

> Relax, nothing wrong with this setup.

But there is nothing elegant with it, too...

> > Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt. oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de
>
> ;-).. und unertraeglich ist was beim Herunterfallen zerbricht? ;-)

Nicht wirklich, es ist schon auch unerträgliche, wenn es fällt.  Der Spruch
wurde übrigens anläßlich einer Modenschau geprägt.

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_517706313P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBMoqFCbA63tqjeAhZAQHjZQQApMTvvaxVtqi4b9r9xv57hPzYLjJOhusP
bJ+YJE04JoeqPZqVopKhjf6fsYGs9a0N1hhWRgCUU0qvKqPp56x4+88ssSnRhB3O
SWxeOz2N9M9AUH+p+203qN0JktgGLIqgN15Hpl6OemHCxju7rbaxEls+ZM1K7BwX
+/WRcWydSlI=
=G5Ee
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_517706313P--