Subject: Re: vmstat, iostat etc no longer work?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1996 21:21:41
> > Note that there are situations where the device the kernel came from isn't
> > available to the kernel.  Like booting from floppy and switching disks after
> > have a driver for.
>
> Solving 80% of the problem, in this case, is a win (or at least so I
> believe).

Note that I'm all but against a solution of this problem.  But IMHO it is much
better to return the symbol table from the loaded kernel through some kernfs
file.  Especially if that one is already in memory anyway (as is the case for
most ports if you are using DDB).
--
ws@TooLs.DE     (Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH) 	+49-228-985800