Subject: Re: uugetty for NetBSD
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@Quick.com.au>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/11/1996 10:53:12
On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

> Just while you are thinking about this, and at the risk of being
> flamed mightily by all and sundry :-) My misc lock routine (not used
> for uucp locks - I have simpler versions for that) puts the host name
> and file being locked into the lock file.

Well, `file being locked' would just be an arbitrary string, really.
I was thinking of adding this parameter, actually. I don't think
it would break any other applications if the PID file looked like
this:

	     12345\n
	hostname.com\n
	arbitrary string here\n

Then we'd have

	int pidlock(const char *lockfile, int flags, pid_t locker,
							    const char *info)

with flags PIDLOCK_NONBLOCK and PIDLOCK_USEHOSTNAME, and info, if
non-null, put on the third line.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.