Subject: MFS / rd (was: Re: LKM support)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Antti Miettinen <apm@cc.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1996 12:57:48

Jason R. Thorpe writes:
>Am I missing something here?

What comes to my mind is executing binaries or mmapping files from
ROM/RAM based filesystems. A smart filesystem should not copy - just
map the pages. I suppose both MFS and rd copy in this case. Am I
right?

This kind of smart filesystem would be very useful for embedded
systems having a filesystems in ROM. LynxOS has tools to put this kind
of filesystems to memory.

And hey, who knows, maybe someone would like to wire emacs binary to
real RAM - with this kind of filesystem one could do it :)