Subject: Re: bin/2905: setting environment vars from login
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/1996 23:04:35
On Nov 7,  6:15pm, Ty Sarna wrote:
}
} There have been several of us who've expressed an interest in the
} LOGIN_ARGS variant of this idea, however. It's relatively easy to add a
} bit of sh code to turn that into Greg's idea for interative logins if
} you're dead set on the idea, or one can do more restrictive things with
} it, or simply ignore it. And the ability to set the single variable
} LOGIN_ARGS seems quite safe -- I feel fairly confident in saying that
} nothing uses that particular variable for anything.

I'm a lot more comfortable with this.  If I were to use it, I'd probably
do getopt style processing on the contents.  It would be more like passing
arguments to a function rather than writing code where all variables are
global and you use them for argument passing ;-)

			---  Truck