Subject: Re: More SCSI problems
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@breakthru.musings.com>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1996 10:36:03
> for those of us in the audience who are uninformed, could someone
> please explain to me what the problems with the DEC drive are..

I can't speak for DEC drives in general, but I think this thread is
rooted in the fact that the Mac's SCSI driver sucks rocks.  Actually,
it works well on some drives (like the Quantum Fireballs in my machine,
of course ;-), but it fails in bizarre ways on some drives--mostly,
apparently, other Quantums.  Someone then posted a problem with a DEC
drive and someone else pointed out that it may not be different from
the Quantums that have been causing problems for others.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com