Subject: Re: More SCSI problems
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1996 11:18:12
>Well, I had a situation yesterdy where I had to fsck my partitions for
>the first time in many months, and I got the same kind of error messages
>about "CANNOT READ BLOCK n".  And I don't have a Quantum drive - mine is
>a DEC RZ74C (3.5GB, 5400 RPM).  Rerunning fsck gave me the same errors,
>but on different partitions and different block numbers - never got a
>repeated block number in six fsck's on all five of my partitions.

DEC doesn't make drives these days.  Most often, they put their BIOS on a
Quantum disk, like they used to put a DEC label on their Micropolis disks.

sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <DEC, RZ26F    (C) DEC, 630J> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd0: 1001MB, 3117 cyl, 8 head, 82 sec, 512 bytes/sec

The above is a 1280M Quantum disk with a DEC label and BIOS on it.

--
Sean Berry is a computer scientist trapped in an engineer's mind.
I imagine someone is likely to misinterpret my opinions as those of my