Subject: LKM support
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/1996 01:25:59
	Hi,

today I successfully built LKMs for "cd9660", "fdesc", "msdosfs", "portal",
"umapfs" and "union" - good work, Michael - , only "fifofs" refused to
compile.

But I think we need to add some stuff to "/etc/rc" for early module
because I need these filesystems to be available while "/etc/fstab"
is processed.

And I have two questions left:
- Will those arguments to "modload" be required for all times? Or will
  this be improved if the LKM interface cleanup is done.

- What is the use of the "ffs" LKM? For diskless NFS clients? Because
  else it could be hard to load this LKM without filesystem support.

--
Matthias Scheler
tron@lyssa.owl.de