Subject: Re: uugetty for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1996 19:13:38
>> I've modified the 1.2/current /usr/libexec/getty code to use and
>> honour HDB/Taylor UUCP port locking, [...]

> I'm completely and totally astounded that it didn't already do this.

Speaking personally, I would say it didn't do it because it shouldn't
do it.  If you really must use the same hardware for dialin and
dialout, you should be running getty on the dialin device and uucp on
the dialout device, and let the kernel do the interlocking _right_,
instead of half-baked userland schemes that can go wrong in far too
many ways.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D