Subject: Re: Undefined symbol "SYS_setreuid"
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hauke Fath <saw@sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/1996 12:38:00
> On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Hauke Fath wrote:
>
> > /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "SYS_setreuid" in
> > install:/usr/lib/libc.so.
> > 12.7
>
> I think this stems from having old include files. Install new ones & try
> again.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Sigh... I've installed the includes till I was blue in the face.

'make includes' from /usr/src always crashes with a unionfs kernel panic
somewhere in usr.bin, so I guided it manually through all the dirs named
in /usr/src/Makefile, but... no difference. In fact, I'm not so much
worried about libc.so, but about libc.a -- there are no separate
versions of that, are there?

Any hints are appreciated.

        hauke

--
"It's never straight up and down"  (DEVO)