Subject: Re: Anyone working on support of NTFS in NetBSD?
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.wa.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1996 08:21:16
>Is anyone working on this? Or is the the structure so proprietary
>that Microsoft doesn't want to release it to the general public? (Or
>is it just so ugly no one wants to work on it?)

Actually, NTFS is a very well written, robust filesystem.

There is a book from Microsoft Press that tells all about how NTFS
works.  But I don't know that it goes far enough to tell you how to
write an NTFS driver.

Doesn't Linux have an NTFS someone has been working on for awhile?

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net