Subject: Re: bin/2905: setting environment vars from login
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1996 07:20:56
I have to agree with this. It's not uncommon to have someone's
shell set to a program or simple shell script, so that they can't
do anything else (assuming the program itself is secure), and this
is an excellent way to get around that. Even for regular users,
it's also a good way to subvert /etc/profile or whatever.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.