Subject: Re: scsi controller -buslogic pci one
To: None <david@mono.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1996 07:43:35
>	What version of NetBSD are you running? Pre 1.2 did not handle
>	the 2940 very well under all conditions - I was bit by this.
>		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

>On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, c5666305 wrote:

>> I am going to decide to buy a scsi card, which likely to be BusLogic PCI one.
>> I am now using an adapter 2940, which hang the system frequency when I run
>> the povray program to generate 24 bpp image.  I would like to know if the
>> BusLogic PCI one will solve this problme (system hang).  If so, can anyone
>> tell me the model number and the method to install and using it.  Thanks very

Yes, the BusLogic card will work without hangs.  You'd want one of
these:

	BT946	Fast SCSI2
	BT948	Ultra SCSI2
	BT956	Wide SCSI2 (sometimes called "SCSI3")
	BT958	Ultra Wide SCSI2 (ditto)

Also, as David points out above, the Adaptec 2940 and its derivatives
work just fine in 1.2, and current.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net