Subject: Main makefile problem...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1996 13:56:59
Hi:

I am having problems using a "make build" from /usr/src.

I can do this manually, but I can do a normal make build.

The system is NetBSD current (kernel as of 9/23), i386.

The message I get from make is:

# make build
(cd /usr/src/share/mk && make install)
install -c -o bin -g bin -m 444 bsd.README bsd.doc.mk bsd.dep.mk bsd.kmod.mk bsd
.lib.mk bsd.man.mk  bsd.nls.mk bsd.obj.mk bsd.own.mk bsd.prog.mk bsd.subdir.mk b
sd.sys.mk  sys.mk  /usr/share/mk
make includes
make: don't know how to make includes. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.

As I said, the strange thing is that if I do each step manually, everything
works.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu          ! I arrange things, like furniture, and