Subject: Re: uugetty for NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1996 11:45:39
>> Me, I'd say it should go in iff it is somehow optional (controlled
>> by a command line flag, controlled by a boolean in gettytab, [...]).

> That's reasonable enough.  I was starting to think about that, too,
> and was considering a comand line flag, but then Terry Moore sent me
> a version he did that does the locking only if called as `uugetty'
> rather than `getty.'  What do you think of this?

Personally?  I don't like things that mutate based on argv[0].  It is
rarely useful and even more rarely justifiable, in my opinion.  If you
insist, I could live with that default, but I still want to be able to
override it in either direction.  (It's really obnoxious to have to
write a wrapper that passes an argv[0] string that doesn't point to the
executable just to coax it into behaving....)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca
		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D