Subject: Re: generic print filter for all printers to print post-script file
To: None <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
From: None <david@mono.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/1996 10:05:01
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am going to purchase an HP5L laser printer and I know that it does not
> supportpost-script printing. Is there anyone using some successful
> printing filter for any non-postscript printer to print postscript file
> ? If so, would you please send me a copy as I need the software to print
> some manual for my project. Thanks in advance.

	a) Please use a mail agent which wraps your text before the 80th
	   column - your message was all on one line.

	b) You dont specify _which_ NetBSD architecture you are using, so
	   unless you want a dozen or so binaries, all but one of which
	   will be useless to you, we couldn't send you a copy.

	c) Best bet would be ghostscript
	   (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/aladdin/obtain.html) - you can
	   pull down the source & compile it for any NetBSD system, or
	   depending on your architecture there may be precompiled
	   binaries around (again, where depends on the architecture).

		David