Subject: Re: arch on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Christian Kuhtz <kuhtz@ix.netcom.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1996 17:24:01
Christian Kuhtz writes:
> > One thing that would help a lot would be our getting rid of very
> > old releases. I'll do my best to free up what I can...
>
> Is that really a good idea?

We've done it traditionally. We usually have the latest release up
and one back -- right now we have three up. We were going to get rid
of NetBSD-1.0 after someone did a final backup of the thing, but no
one seems to have and it got dropped.

> Wouldn't it be enough to simply move them somewhere and untag'em for
> sup?  I'm not sure I'd like to see the older stuff gone for good.

It won't be "gone for good", just not up for ftp any longer.

And remember, absolutely everything back to the dawn of history is in
the CVS repository.

Perry