Subject: Re: i386/m68k binary conversion
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/23/1996 01:18:00
Michael VanLoon writes:

>Yet, DEC seems to have done it quite successfully, with their MIPS ->
>Alpha converter, and their new x86 -> Alpha converter (for NT).  In my
>experience, the MIPS/DECstation -> Alpha converter worked very well
>(never used the other one).  How is that they were able to be so
>successful with binary conversion?

Machine code generated by compiles tends to be very schematic in my
experience.  Translating machine code generated by humans is the hard
case.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.