Subject: expect on 1.2 or post-1.2 current
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@scofflaw.coordinate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/1996 15:25:43
Has anybody had any success with getting Expect to run on a stock 1.2 system
or a post-1.2 current??

I've tried both version 5.20.18 and 5.21.3 and both seem to exhibit downright
wierd behavior while running the test suite (I haven't even attempted to put
them to any other uses seeing as they act so wierd in the tests...).

Here's what I've been seeing:
	(1) sometimes expect freezes in openpty() [in the actual open call]...
	    ps(1) says expect is waiting on ttyopn...

	(2) other times the tests will cause my Xterms to disappear for some
	    reason (as if they were having their pty's revoked or some such
	    oddity??)

What I know shouldn't be wrong:
	I do have 64 pty's configured on this machine, and all the nodes are
	there in /dev, so that should be OK.  I haven't yet built anything
	(either kernel or userland) from the post-1.2 sources, so it shouldn't
	have anything to do with that...

Ideas??
Thanks,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                        rafal@scofflaw.coordinate.com
Software Engineer                                                Coordinate.com
(All opinions are my own)                     51 Sawyer Road, Waltham, MA 02154