Subject: Patches for binutils-2.7 and NetBSD
To: NetBSD-current Users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1996 17:54:10
I've put up a pair of patches on my web site <http://www2.portal.ca/~curt/>
that fix a couple of problems in the version of gas included in
GNU binutils-2.7. One problem was that it wasn't putting in some
type information needed for NetBSD linking, the other was that the
i386 assembler was generating some bogus offsets, causing code to
be incorrectly linked. Both of these problems were fixed by Ian
Lance Taylor once I bought them to his attention.

Gcc 2.7.2 and binutils 2.7 now appear to compile and cross-compile
properly for all of the platforms I've tested them on (i386, Sparc,
Sun 3, with various permutations of host and target).

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.