Subject: Re: Addition to options(4)
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1996 22:15:51
On the pc532 I use "options COMDEF_SPEED=B9600" which is apparently
different from the i386 port.  Has anyone given thought to trying
to make similar port-specific functionality use the same options?
I guess this would have to be done at a port-masters pow-wow...

I also have a local patch (must check port-pc532 archives to remember
the source) to add an option PC532MONCOMPAT which turns on cs8 and
a couple of other tty flags.  I then edited /etc/ttydefs to keep
them stable.  It's handy for running a console through an X-term
and "cu"...  Keeps the "funky" characters in check.  Seems like
this should be a kind of universal thing, but rather port-specific
at the same time.  (Provided the kernel doesn't come up with the
flags YOU want when you want them by default.)